Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Ads...






It costs millions of dollars to post a commercial during the superbowl. Some were long and dramatic, others were short and precise. The two that I have posted here were the only ones that I really remembered simply because it wasn't just an advertisement, but both had the audience take some type of action. The Denny's commercial announced a big campaign of giving out FREE GRAND SLAMS! Now if that doesn't draw millions of people to go to Denny's, I don't know what will. People are in love with that magical word, and when they showed that in their commercial, I can guarantee people remembered Denny's and will talk about it. I am... haha

The second video is Jack in the Box's, "Hang in there Jack" campaign. Jack in the box have done such a great job of utilizing "Jack" as THE figure of their marketing. They have built "Jack" to be such a comical figure that people can relate to, and after he got hit by a bus, it was shocking. I was with a group of 15 people that literally screamed when he got hit by a bus. Jack in the Box created such a great cliff hanger by ending the commercial with just a website address. It made the audience curious and take action to go to a place Jack in the Box wanted you to go. I thought it was pure genius.

My final thought, be remarkable, memorable and have people take action with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment