Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home Dome




12 year old Max Wallack has just inspired me. Max entered in Design Squads "Trash to Treasure" contest with something that is a social good and purely innovative; the Home Dome. The idea is that he has created a "Dome" made out of plastic, wires and packing peanuts, which could provide a shelter for homeless people. This innovation won Max $10,000 plus a dell laptop and a trip to Boston. Max's most inspiring thing to me was this, " I don't really care about the money, I care about helping people...I won an invention contest that included a trip to Chicago. While there, I saw homeless people living on streets, and beneath highways and underpasses. I felt very sorry for these people, and ever since then felt that my goal and obligation was to find a way to help them. My invention improves the living conditions for homeless people, refugees, or disaster victims by giving them easy-to-assemble shelter." http://www.thedesignblog.org

Check out this video about the creation of the Home Dome



No comments:

Post a Comment