Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I 2nd Seth Godin, We need more Guy #3s



I had seen this funny video on YouTube before, but it wasn't until I read Seth Godin's newest post from his blog, that I REALLY appreciated this video. Seth Godin has really made me a believer in what "Tribes" can do in this world. With the evolution in technology, people are seeking the respect they want and are seeking out other people who share their same personal interests. With this, groups start to cluster together and communities are built. This video is an amazing symbol of the power of an initiator, a leader and an AMAZINGLY FUN community.

Seth Godin writes:

"My favorite part happens just before the first minute mark. That's when guy #3 joins the group. Before him, it was just a crazy dancing guy and then maybe one other crazy guy. But it's guy #3 who made it a movement.

Initiators are rare indeed, but it's scary to be the leader. Guy #3 is rare too, but it's a lot less scary and just as important. Guy #49 is irrelevant. No bravery points for being part of the mob.

We need more guy #3s."

I agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment