Friday, October 30, 2009

HP google maps



The other day, my friend showed me the worlds smallest printer. It was a pretty cool innovation that was hand held, and made it to where you could basically paint on paper, the document you wanted to print. He asked me, "How much would you pay for it?" and honestly, I didn't say that much. I felt as if this new printer was making a drastic leap in a unnecessary direction. Having a letter quality printer improve to a laser printer is a drastic innovation that the printer market would all appreciate. To me, being able to print in the palm of your hand, only fits to a very small niche of the printer market. It is a very cool innovation, but I do not think it's very marketable.

But speaking of printers, I ironically came across an innovation on a printer, I thought could be very receptive. HP has created an internet connected printer. They are starting to create new printer apps. This video shows their new google maps app, where you can directly type in 2 locations on your printer, and it will print out. Now, this may not seem like a big idea yet, but I think this innovation leads to new possibilities. It is basically setting the platform for a combination of computer and printer to be one.

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment